I really like the 7 1/2 habits for Lifelong Learning:
1. Begin with an end in mind.
2. Accept responsibility for your own learning.
3. View problems as challenges/opportunities.
4. Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner.
5. Create your own learning toolbox.
6. Use technology to your advantage.
7. Teach and mentor others.
7 1/2. Play!
Of all of these, I struggle the most with habit #3 - viewing problems as challenges. As I get older, I am getting better at not feeling panicked when I encounter problems, but rather telling myself there's a way to move through it, I just need to look for it. I would like to go a step further and say, "Oh, look a problem - what a learning opportunity!" That will be my goal while working with Learning 2.0, as well as on work projects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment